This article applies to:
[ Zend Server 5.x ]
[ Windows ]
Can I install Zend Server 5.0 on multiple Windows machines in unattended (silent) mode?
The installation procedure has 2 steps:
- Recording an answer's file when first installing.
- Installing silently using the files generated answers instead of inputting the answers manually.
Unattended installation has some known limitations:
- TCP Port 80 cannot be used (you can verify with netstat or portscan).
- Windows 64bit must use "c:\Program Files (x86)\Zend" for installation path (default).
- Custom and Full installation modes will not work - use only typical mode on first manual installation.
- All target machines must have the exact characteristics of the first machine which is used for recording the answers file.
- 3rd Party products should not be installed in typical mode. They can be installed later in silent mode (check the individual products guide for silent installation mode instructions).
- Recommendation #1: ~200MB free disk space on the target disk (default "C:\Program Files").
- Recommendation #2: Remove any former PHP installed on your Web Server.
To record an answer file on the source (first) machine
Run the installer from command line with the /r option to record and /f1 option to specify the answer file location as follows:
ZendServer-php-5.2.12-5.0.0-Windows_x86.exe /r /f1"C:\zend_server_silent.iss"
Dialog box input will be recorded to the above file for the next installation.
To run a recorded answers file with installer on target machine
Once the installation is done, you can use the answers file as following on any similar target machine.
ZendServer-php-5.2.12-5.0.0-Windows_x86.exe /s /f1"C:\zend_server_silent.iss"
A default log file may be created on the same folder as the installation exe.
If you wan to specify an alternative location use the /f2 option as follows:
ZendServer-php-5.2.12-5.0.0-Windows_x86.exe /s /f1"C:\zend_server_silent.iss" /f2”C:\zend_server_silent.log”